1. Calder AA (1999) Induction and augmentation of labour. In: Edmonds DK (ed) Dewhurst's Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Oxford: Blackwell Science.
2. Olson DM (2003) The role of prostaglandins in the initiation of parturition. Best Prac Res Clin Obstetrics Gynaecol 17, 717-30.
3. Rayburn WF (2002) Preinduction cervical ripening: basis and methods of current practice. Obstet Gynecol Surv 57, 683-91.
4. Bishop EH (1964) Pelvic scoring for elective induction. Obstet Gynecol 24,266-8.
5. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) (2003) Induction of Labour. Evidence-based Clinical Guideline (no. 9). London: RCOG Press.
6. Crane JMG & Young DC (2003) Induction of labour with a favourable cervix and/or prelabour rupture of membranes. Best Prac Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 17, 795-809.
7. MacKenzie IZ & Burns E (1997) Randomised trial of one versus two doses of prostaglandin E2 for induction of labour: 1. Clinical outcome. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 104, 1062-7.
8. Clinical Effectiveness Support Unit Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2001) Induction of labour. Evidence-Based Clinical Guidelines (No. 9). London: RCOG Press.
9. Hofmeyr GJ & Gulmezoglu AM (2002) Vaginal misoprostol for cervical ripening and induction of labour (Cochrane Review). The Cochrane Library. 1, CD000941.
10. Goldberg AB, Greenberg MB & Darney PD (2001) Misoprostol and pregnancy. N Engl J Med 2001,2002; 344, 38-47.
11. Wing DA (2002) A benefit-risk assessment of misoprostol for cervical ripening and labour induction. Drug Safety 25, 665-76.
12. Matonhodze BB, Katsoulis LC & Hofmeyr GJ (2002) Labor induction and meconium: in vitro effects of oxytocin, dinoprostone and misoprostol on rat ileum relative to myometrium. J Perinatal Med 30,405-10.
13. Lydon-Rochelle M, Holt VL, Easterling TR & Martin DP (2001) Risk of uterine rupture during labor among women with a prior cesarean delivery. N Engl J Med 345, 3-8.
14. Committee opinion (2002) Induction of labor for vaginal birth after cesarean delivery. Obstet Gynecol 99, 679-80.
15. O'Driscoll K, Foley M & MacDonald D (1984) Active management of labour as an alternative to cesarean section for dystocia. Am J Obstet Gynecol 63,485-90.
16. Alfirevic Z (2000) Oral misoprostol for induction of labour (Cochrane Review). The Cochrane Library, 4, CD001338.
17. Hofmeyr GJ, Alfirevic Z, Kelly T et al. (2001) Methods for cervical ripening and labour induction in late pregnancy: generic protocol (Protocol for a Cochrane Review). The Cochrane Library 4, CD002074.
Was this article helpful?
If Pregnancy Is Something That Frightens You, It's Time To Convert Your Fear Into Joy. Ready To Give Birth To A Child? Is The New Status Hitting Your State Of Mind? Are You Still Scared To Undergo All The Pain That Your Best Friend Underwent Just A Few Days Back? Not Convinced With The Answers Given By The Experts?