1. Department of Health (2004) Report on Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom 2000-2002. Lemanch, London.
2. Ray J, Wyatt P, Vermeulen M, Meier C & Cole D (2005) Greater maternal weight and the ongoing risk of neural tube defects after folic acid flour fortification. Obstet Gynecol 105(2), 261-5.
3. Kristensen J, Vestergaard M, Wisborg K, Kesmodel U & Secher N (2005) Pre-pregnancy weight and the risk of stillbirth and neonatal death. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 112(4), 403-8.
4. Sheiner E, Levy A, Menes T, Silverberg D, Katz M & Mazor M (2004) Maternal obesity as an independent risk factor for caesarean delivery. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 18(3), 196-201.
5. Lau C & Rogers J (2004) Embryonic and fetal programming of physiological disorders in adulthood. Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today 72(4), 300-12.
6. Armitage J, Taylor P & Poston L (2005) Experimental models of developmental programming: consequences of exposure to an energy rich diet during development. J Physiol 565, 171-84.
7. Mills J & Signore C (2004) Neural tube defect rates before and after food fortification with folic acid. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 70(11), 844-5.
8. Botto L, Lisi A, Robert-Gnansia E et al. (2005) International retrospective cohort study of neural tube defects in relation to folic acid recommendations: are the recommendations working? Br Med J 330(7491), 571.
9. Finnell R, Shaw G, Lammer E et al. (2004) Gene-nutrient interactions: importance of folates and retinoids during early embryogenesis. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 198(2), 75-85.
10. Suhonen L, Hiilesmaa V & Teramo K (2000) Glycaemic control during early pregnancy and fetal malformations in women with type I diabetes mellitus. Diabetologia 43(1), 79-82.
11. Tolstrup J, Kjaer S, Munk C et al. (2003) Does caffeine and alcohol intake before pregnancy predict the occurrence of spontaneous abortion? Hum Reprod 18(12), 2704-10.
12. Venners S, Wang X, Chen C et al. (2004) Paternal smoking and pregnancy loss: a prospective study using a biomarker of pregnancy. Am J Epidemiol 159(10), 993-1001.
13. Jacqz-Aigrain E & Koren G (2005) Effects of drugs on the fetus. Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 10(2), 139-47.
14. Cooper WO, Hernandez-Dias S, Arbogast PG et al. (2006) NEJM 354,2443-51.
15. Edison R & Muenke M (2004) Mechanistic and epidemiologic considerations in the evaluation of adverse birth outcomes following gestational exposure to statins. Am J Med Genet A 131A(3), 287-98.
16. Kaplan P (2004) Reproductive health effects and teratogenicity of antiepileptic drugs. Neurology 63(10 Suppl 4) S13-23.
17. Adab N, Kini U, Vinten J et al. (2004) The longer term outcome of children born to mothers with epilepsy. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75(11), 1575-83.
18. 0stensen M (2001) Drugs in pregnancy. Rheumatological disorders. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 15(6), 953-69.
Was this article helpful?