1. Tanner JM (1962) Growth at Adolescence. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific Publications.
2. Marshall WA & Tanner JM (1969) Variation in the pattern of pubertal changes in girls. Arch Dis Child 44,291.
3. Marshall WA (1974) Growth and secondary sexual characteristics and related abnormalities. Clin Obstet Gynecol 1, 593.
4. Lee PA, Plotnick LP, Migeon CJ et al. (1978) Integrated concentrations of follicle stimulating hormone and puberty. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 46,488.
5. Stanhope R, Adams J, Jacobs HS & Brook CGD (1985) Ovarian ultrasound assessment in normal children and idiopathic precocious puberty Arch Dis Child 60,116.
6. Edmonds DK (2003) Congenital malformations of the genital tract and their management. Best Practice Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 17,19-40.
7. Dewhurst CJ & Spence JEH (1977) The XY female. Br J Hosp Med 17,498.
8. Karges B & de Roux N (2005) Molecular genetics of isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and Kallmann syndrome. Endocr Dev 8, 67-80.
9. White PC, Grossberger D & Onufer BJ (1985) Two genes encoding steroid 21-hydroxylase are located near the genes encoding the fourth component of complement in man. Proc Natl Acad Sci 82, 1089.
10. Donohoue PA, Van Dop, Jospe N et al. (1986) Congenital adrenal hyperplasia: molecular mechanisms resulting in 21 hydroxylase deficiency Acta Endocrinol Suppl 279,315.
11. Grant D, Muram D & Dewhurst CG (1983) Menstrual and fertility patterns in patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 1, 97.
12. Edmonds DK (1989) Dewhurst's Practice Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology. London: Butterworths.
13. Edmonds DK (1993) Sexual developmental abnormalities and their reconstruction. In: Sanfillipo J (ed.) Pediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology. Philadelphia: Saunders.
Was this article helpful?
The first trimester is very important for the mother and the baby. For most women it is common to find out about their pregnancy after they have missed their menstrual cycle. Since, not all women note their menstrual cycle and dates of intercourse, it may cause slight confusion about the exact date of conception. That is why most women find out that they are pregnant only after one month of pregnancy.