1. American Psychiatric Association (1994) Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders: DSM-IV. 4th ed. Washington, D.C.
2. World Health Organization (1996) Mental, behavioral and developmental disorders.
3. Ismail KMK, Crome I, O'Brien PMS (2006) Psychological disorders in obstetrics and gynaecology for the MRCOG and beyond, pp 29-40. London: RCOG press.
4. Rapkin AJ 1992 The role of serotonin in premenstrual syndrome. Clin Obstet Gynecol 35, 629-636.
5. Backstrom T, Andreen L, Birzniece V, et al. (2003) The role of hormones and hormonal treatments in the premenstrual syndrome. CNS Drugs 17, 325-42.
6. Dimmock P, Wyatt K, Jones P, O' Brien PMS (2000) Efficacy of selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors in premenstrual syndrome: a systematic review. Lancet 356,1131-6.
7. Rapkin AJ, Morgan M, Goldman L et al. (1997) Progesterone metabolite allopregnanolone in women with premenstrual syndrome. Obstet Gynecol 90, 709-714.
8. Wyatt K, Dimmock P, Jones P, Obhrai M, O'Brien PMS (2001) Efficacy of progesterone and progestogens in management of premenstrual syndrome: systematic review. BMJ 323, 776-80.
9. Watson NR, Studd JW, Savvas M et al. (1989) Treatment of severe premenstrual syndrome with oestradiol patches and cyclical oral norethisterone. Lancet 2, 30-732.
10. O' Brien PMS, Abukhalil IEH (1999) Randomised controlled trial of the management of premenstrual syndrome and premenstrual mastalgia using luteal phase only danazol. Am J Obstet Gynecol 180, 18-23.
11. Wyatt KM, Dimmock PW, Ismail KMK, et al. (2004) The effectiveness of GnRHa with or without 'addback' therapy in treating premenstrual syndrome: a meta analysis. BJOG 111, 585-93.
12. Casson P, Hahn PM, Van Vugt DA et al. (1990) Lasting response to ovariectomy in severe intractable premenstrual syndrome. Am J Obstet Gynecol 162, 99-105.
13. Hammarback S, Backstrom T, Holst J, et al. (1985) Cyclical mood changes as in the premenstrual tension syndrome during sequential estrogen-progestogen postmenopausal replacement treatment. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 64, 393-7.
Was this article helpful?