• LNG-EC can be given within 72 h of unprotected intercourse.
• LNG-EC inhibits ovulation if given early in the cycle but not if given in the peri-ovulatory phase. There is no evidence that it inhibits implantation.
• Efficacy of LNG-EC is uncertain and has probably been exaggerated.
• Advanced provision of EC encourages use.
• A copper IUD can be inserted up to 5 days after ovulation for post-coital use and is about 99% effective.
Was this article helpful?
Once your pregnancy is over and done with, your baby is happily in your arms, and youre headed back home from the hospital, youll begin to realize that things have only just begun. Over the next few days, weeks, and months, youre going to increasingly notice that your entire life has changed in more ways than you could ever imagine.