• Barrier methods all have high failure rates when used typically.
• Condoms are obtainable over the counter so provision is not dependent on a health professional.
• Diaphragms and caps must be fitted by a health professional.
• Male condoms reduce the risk of sexually transmitted disease including HIV/AIDS.
• Spermicides should not be used alone and if used frequently and in large quantities may increase the risk of HIV transmission.
Was this article helpful?
Once your pregnancy is over and done with, your baby is happily in your arms, and youre headed back home from the hospital, youll begin to realize that things have only just begun. Over the next few days, weeks, and months, youre going to increasingly notice that your entire life has changed in more ways than you could ever imagine.